Wednesday, September 19, 2012

white spagetti

One fact about me, I am not born a cook, I don’t even know how to fry an egg. To tell you the truth, my 12yrs old niece is a better cook than me. Young as she is, she can cook spaghetti pretty well, while me at this age of 25 I’m still focusing on not burning my omelet.

I grew up as the youngest of the family, all I do before was to eat and play and wash the dishes, so cooking was never part of my everyday routine. In my college years and for 5years of being alone, I lived in takeout foods.

So believe me when I say this carbonara recipe is a savor. It saved my 25th birthday 8 months ago. I have no one to rely on, so I search the web and with little courage, I cook the first pasta in my life. With this recipe I felt like cooking is my hidden talent. (I'm still hoping for that).
I’m sharing this recipe with you; maybe it'll save your little party like it did to me.


CREAMY CARBONARA

Ingredients:

- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (preferably Campbell)
- 250ml All purpose cream(Nestle)
- 200 grams sweet ham, in squares
- 200 grams bacon, shredded
- spinach fettucine (400mg)
- 1 garlic
- dashed of pepper
- dashed of nutmeg
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese

Procedures:

(1) prepare pasta
(2) fry bacon until brown and not too crispy
(3) saute garlic with olive oil. Add ham and bacon
(4) Add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 2 cans of water
(5) Add the cream as well
(6) season with nutmeg and pepper
(7) serve the sauce and noodles top with bacon bits




**credits to the original author of this

No comments:

Post a Comment