Friday, September 21, 2012

Krispy Kreme


I first encounter this name while re-reading a novel few months ago. The two of the main character was talking about it. I was curious and search the internet about it. Then I learned that Krispy Kreme is a doughnut.

Few months had pass and I forget about the Krispy Kreme, until one day, a friend of mine told me excitedly that Carlos Roberto Cafe is selling a Krispy Kreme. I was dumb founded and ask the wittiest question, "what is that?" (Yeah around of applause for me).
And he start explaining that it is a doughnut and cost like 70-80 pesos in the said cafe.
Curiosity strikes again, I told my hubby about it and we both planned that we will visit the cafe some other time.

So days past and my dad went to Manila and when he was back, guess what he brought us? Two boxes of Krispy Kreme!

Krispy Kreme is not like the ordinary Philippine doughnuts. It is not that sweet and it is not covered with confectioner sugar, not like the usual doughnut here. Even the chocolates are not too sweet. I could consume one box without having tonsillitis.

Now I know why my friend was so enthusiastic knowing that Krispy Kreme is already available here and that reminds me of the novel I once read.

Good thing Krispy Kremes is not abundant here. I don’t want to indulge myself with it. I believe too much of good thing is not good at all. I'm happy knowing how good it taste and I am contented to know that I’m looking forward to taste it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment