Saturday, September 1, 2012

my little beauty secret


   Being a mom made me thrifty with everything, especially with those things that are not that important anymore.  But no matter how I wanted to be thrifty, there still some things that I just can't put aside. Like a body massage, hot oil, foot spa and stuff like that. These things I called a 'woman thing' are somewhat  unavoidable. But spending time in a salon makes me anxious, because it's quite expensive. I feel guilty after and wish I just saved up the money for my daughter’s behalf.

   But searching the internet often, gives me an idea on how to be able to save money. So, I engage myself to some homemade stuff. It's really easy, and it saves me more money. Now I can still enjoy beauty in not a very expensive way ;)

Hereare some of the homemade stuff I use regularly.

HOMEMADE HAIR SPA

Combine mayonnaise and vinegar.
Apply on your hair and leave on for an hour.
These conditioners will make you feel as if you just had a shampoo blowout at a salon!

Some people say putting an egg works better. But those two agents work perfectly fine with me. These suit me very well, since I have my hair colored and according to my resource, ( I just can't remember if its something I read on magazine or internet) these stuff is better for colored hair. And believe me when I say, I love the way it works.



HOMEMADE FOOT SPA

Soak feet in lemon, rock salt and warm water for at least fifteen minutes
Massage feet (optional)
Exfoliate using foot scrub or just soap and scrub your feet with lo-fa /brush
*at dry and put some foot lotion.

I usually do it by night and I recommend that you use petroleum jelly instead of lotion. Cover your feet with socks at least overnight and feel the difference.




HOMEMADE FACIAL:

Wash your face with water and facial foam.
Steam in five minutes
Scrub your face with facial scrub and rinse
Moisturize it with your favorite moisturizer

I usually skip the second one. I'm fine with just the three steps.



   


BANANA FACIAL CREAM


You will need:
Ripe Banana

Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy. 
Spread all over your face and leave for 15-20 minutes
rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold water. 
Then gently pat dry.


This recipe is for supple skin as well as maintaining the skin’s natural glow. Banana is also wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment. I haven't tried this though, but I’m planning to try it. I'm just too stubborn to grab myself some of those bananas





These are some of my little beauty secrets I’m sharing with you guys. I hope it works with you just like it works with me. It saves me money more than half of what I spend in the salon.

Enjoy!


***credits to the original owner of the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment