Sunday, September 9, 2012

Feast day of Mama Mary


Yesterday was the feast day of Mama Mary, my own town celebrated it.
It was our tradition to celebrate it, but my family doesn't have a fancy meal like it used to.
Before, there are always a lot of people in our house
I remember having a lot of playmate then, my mom’s visitor usually brings their children with them. A faces I still remember, but their names are already forgotten.
I remember having my childhood best friend with me, I remember sneaking cupcakes and eating a lot of quail eggs. Me and my best friend used to go to a carnival and ride the Ferris wheel. We used to walked around the street vendors and admire the things they're selling.
I remember bringing my high school classmates with me and we'll eat lunch at our home.
I remember going home alone from college and a lot of visitors are there.
I remember my high school best friend visiting me with her son and her hubby.
I remember introducing my hubby to my family three years ago.
I remember meeting my in-laws two years ago.
A lot of things to remember, a lot of things happened then.

Now, we only celebrate it with close family. Now it’s just a simple meal and a little celebratory drink, just enough to celebrate mama Mary’s birthday and to share a happy feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment