Tuesday, September 11, 2012

tattoo



I wanted to have a tattoo way back when I was still in college. Both of my elder sisters have their own tattoos. The eldest had a Tasmanian devil on her upper back, while the second had a dolphin on her lower back. I really don't envy them; I just knew someday I’m going to have mine as well.
Last May, my eldest sister went home for a vacation, and then she decided to cover her old tattoo with a new one. So the Tasmanian was long gone now, it became a bird already.
And due to my husband fascination, I finally had my tattoo on my upper back, left shoulder. It's suppose to be a butterfly alone. But the artist twisted the original image and put small flowers around it. The butterfly became butterflies.
The pain was tolerable though, laboring and giving birth to a baby is more painful. I have a low tolerance for pain, but I made it through the end. It was 1 and a half hour of pure pain with pleasure, I’ll admit.

Butterfly, you might be wondering why. Actually, I really don’t know it myself. I just like butterfly way back then. They’re small and fragile but they add colors to this world. Butterflies remind me of those fairies that I admired when I was a child, those fairies that only exist in the realms of my imagination.

They say butterflies don’t know the color of their wings. But human eyes know how beautiful it is. We really don't know the goodness inside us but I believe other knows it, better than we do. Just like butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment