Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wednesday getaway

      Finally, after long days of work, we (me and my husband) got a day off last Wednesday. We excitedly pack our bags; it was a long day for us. We both agreed to leave Daja (our daughter) behind. We hated the idea, but it will be more convenient.
 Thinking of going back to a place we called home really drives my adrenaline big time. Naga City, the place where we spend college, the place where we met and the place we both anticipated visiting for a long time.
   Its two hours away from my hometown and one hour away for my husband’s hometown. Since we live here in Legaspi (my hometown), we both have to endure two hours of journey, we never even closed our eyes the entire time. When we reach the place we both felt different feelings. It was a mixture of joy, sadness and nostalgia. The place was not like it used to be, many new establishment had risen, many stuffs had change, but it is still the same Naga that welcomed us, few years ago. I am still longing for that place; I think it will never even change anymore.

  Unfortunately, it was unplanned journey, so our friends don’t really knew we are going for a visit. They have their own business to attend to. So we end up, spending the entire time on our own, just like the old times, just like a college sweethearts.
     Our first destination was the mall; it is located just near the terminal, where the shuttle van stops. Since it is almost lunch time, we decided to stroll around the mall and spend lunch there. We bought some stuffs as pasalubong for my daughter, still guilty of leaving her behind. We purchase some clothes for her (Since she's growing fast, her clothes shrink so fast) and some hair clips. 
   Then we found some sale stuffs at the home department, since I was searching for a nice curtain, we accidentally found some there. We also bought a shower curtain and some pillowcases. We spend already beyond our limit (not good). So we just convince ourselves that the mall was on sale, so we just grab the opportunity, right? (Really the mall was on sale). On our way out, I saw petty, one of the cartoon character my daughter are really fond of, but we look for the other characters, but it was already sold out. Too bad, little daja would be so happy having a pororo of her own.

   We already felt hungry and since it was pass 1pm already we decide to eat our lunch. We dine at the Tribo grill, just inside the mall perimeter. We first planned to eat at Molino grill, but it was too full already, our stomach cannot endure waiting. My husband wanted to invite her sister to a lunch with us, since her sister was taking college at the university at the city, but I think he got the idea, that I have an unspoken dispute with her sister. (I'm going to rant about it sometimes; it's already in my list). So he decided to forget the idea and we eat our lunch.
   Minutes later, after we are done eating, one of our best friend, Mark, showed up. He had one hour of lunch break from work, so he decided to show up for a few minutes. So, while he helps my husband look for a shirt or whatever stuff he is looking, I stroll around the bookstore, looking for something to buy for myself. But my husband pressures me, so I didn’t have time to search for the perfect book.
  


 We end up buying himself two shirts (a preparation for his review class) and I bought myself a loafer and a bag (every women needs one). We never shop that much, so I felt a pang of guilt when we calculated everything. I never spend that much for a shopping spree. I felt sad actually, but my husband convinces me that it was only once a year incident, it doesn't happen all the time. It was enough to convince me and be happy again.

   So we are tired and broke and we have nowhere to go. We have an option of going home already, stroll more (not good for me, we're going to end up spending more) and visit some relatives. I had an option of visiting a friend of mine. She adopted me as her sister when I was still living in the city. But she was not replying my text nor answering my call. Though later she did replied, but I was not in the mood of going there already.

 We ended up surprising his uncle. So we spend our time there, drinking up some beer. While they are having their uncle-nephew talk, I'm having fun guzzling the pork barbecue. The time fly so fast, it was already dark when we realize we have to go home. They drop us at the terminal and we catch some little time to buy some burger at kfc for the family.

  It was already eight in the evening, when we boarded. 2hours back home, back again to the real world. Before I close my eyes to take a nap, I bid farewell to it, goodbye for now, Naga, but we will be back soon. There are still more memories to cherish and collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment