Tuesday, August 21, 2012

babysitter



I am having a difficulty leaving my daughter, daja, especially when I'm off to work. But in order to sustain our daily needs I have to leave her to a yaya.

Unfortunately yaya now a day is not that much dedicated to their jobs. Because of influence of technology, a lot of them don't do their jobs well. We search and scan the entire area for a suitable yaya and housekeeper, but they don't stay longer and some, get stubborn in the end.
My grandmother who is 77(I think) offer her service to be my toddler's sitter. I was overwhelmed by her enthusiasm, but I was worried because she's not getting any younger. But I accepted her help, at least for awhile, until I found a suitable one.

But my qualms were washed away instantly. My grandma was still good at baby sitting. Even though she lives alone and she doesn't have a helper. She did her job better than anybody else I've known.

I never came home in early afternoon and found my daughter in her pajamas, in a mushy diapers and sweating. She’s chubbier now because my grandma never forgets to feed her. She taught daja how to eat (she doesn't really eat, except for chips and chocolate). She always remembers daja's vitamins. She never forgets to bath her, (yes, previous yaya neglect doing that) and she never bans my daja to play with her favorite figurines even when it gets smash at the end.

Now, I prefer leaving daja to her, even when we already found a yaya. I have more confidence in my grandmother now. Her unconditional love, her understanding and her young spirit makes her the best babysitter ever. I owe her a lot. I’m so glad she's here.




No comments:

Post a Comment