Sunday, August 12, 2012

my other half



  Two years and eighth months ago, my little angel came to earth. We named her Daphline Jade.

 When I was still in college, few years ago, I made a statement that when I reach the age of 22, I would be happy having a kid of my own, so that I'm still young when she/he grows old. I will be her/his friend.

    I never thought this path will really come true, that when I spoke of it, it was automatically written at the flyleaf of my life.  Eight days before my 23rd birthday, I gave birth to her. Nevertheless, I didn't regret it. It turn my world upside down, it gave me a dream and a reason to strive for more.

   Taming a child is a different thing; you need patience, a lot of it. It became a learning experience to me. Like learning a subject, I’m learning my daughter’s growth, learning her life.

Now she's turning three years old in four months   and it made me think how time flies so fast. As early as now, she can sing the alphabet (perfectly), count the numbers, and identify the colors and shapes as well. She's a singer and dancer. She is perfect blessing given to me.

Soon, she will be in school, she will spend more time with her friends; she will be busy with her little world. She'll grow old and I'm afraid thinking that I can't hug her like I used to. Growing old is somewhat inevitable.

When the time comes that she can go on her way, I just hope she will never forget that I’m her friend, not just her mother. I'm willing to listen to her rantings, wipe her tears and understand her more than any other human can. I will never let go of her if everybody does. I will still love her as much as I do today.

After all, she is my other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment