Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A tale to tell


  August of 2009, I remember myself searching for a pet dog. I am a dog lover, and the idea not having one, seems stupid. Since I stop going to college, I had an ample time to take care of it. So I made my decision, I wanted a Labrador, the golden one.
   So the search began, me and my boyfriend (my husband now), search the town for someone who's selling a golden Labrador. After few days, my attention was caught by an ad,
Labrador for sale please contact the number below. 

Labrador for sale please contact the number below.

  I was ecstatic then, we immediately called the number and saw the puppies. There are two of them, a yellow and a brown, 3months old. Unfortunately I left the money and it's getting dark, so we decided to just go back in few days. Since my boyfriend lives an hour away from mine, I have to wait for the day he'll come back (our love story is quite complicated), anticipating every minute of the day.

 In those waiting period, the changes happened. I was feeling sleepy and rubbing my tummy (I was 4 months pregnant) when my dad called me. He asked me, if I wanted a dog, his friend’s dog gave birth and if I wanted to, he'll get me one. It was a Rottweiler.
I wanted a labrador, not a rott. But I said yes, anyway. So, goodbye to labrador for now, hello rottweiler.

  The gigantic puppy came that same day, three months old. I fell in love with her that instance and I named her coco (got it from a male artist named coco martin, he was a heart robe). We treated her like a little baby. She sleeps at my bed; she stays inside our house and bathes with warm water in the bathroom. She plays with my stuff animals, like a little baby, she wants to be hugged.
She used to sleep between my niece and nephew in the bed. She thinks she's human to.

  Two months had passed, an unexpected event happened. She caught the parvo virus, a virus that put an end to almost every dog that catches it. It was a hopeless case, my dad says. But my Coco is striving for survival. There is still hope. I can't just sit and watch her die. I brought her to the pet clinic, where the vet told me the same thing, they cannot do much more, but still I confined my dog to their care. Somehow I have to trust, even my instinct. Before walking out to the clinic, I talked to coco, give her comfort and explain the situation. She was weak, but I knew she understands. I cried so hard, I can't breathe anymore, I was 6month pregnant then. I don't want to let go, thinking; I will never going to see her again. I had hope, but I don't want to grasp to it that tight.

 The next morning, I called the clinic, expecting the worse. But miracles do really happen. And my coco was doing fine already. A shock strike me, my family and as well as to the vet and staff of the clinic. She almost died that instance, but she survived. I went to visit her that. She was thinner, but better. The vet told me that there is a rare case of rot surviving a parvo virus. No rot had survived the virus inside that clinic, except from my coco. Emotional as pregnant as I was, that words put tears in my eyes. I knew it, she wanted to live.
The day she went home from the clinic, she still vomits a little and she doesn't want to eat. All she wants to do is sleep, but the spark in her eyes says, it's good to be home.  Several days pass and she's back to the way she is, giddy and playful. Just the same dog, I fell in love with.





Now, she's already 3years old, a mother of three. The vet called her the survivor; I called her my first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment