Friday, September 6, 2013

Daja's first school day

As a first time mom, I was really excited for her when she entered nursery, my first born is getting older already. Goodbye to those days that I still cradle her, to those days that I can kiss her non stop and to those days when she only liked to be at my side.

I enrolled her to a summer class first, just to test if she is already willing to enter school and let her be familiar with school atmosphere. At first she still hesitate to go, prefer to sleep and play. But halfway through it, she's already enjoying it. And when good mood strikes, she let me hear her sing the nursery rhymes that she learned from summer school. As short as one month,  She already learned how to write some of the letters. That made me decide that she's already willing to learn and enjoy school.

June 10 2013, the first day of her school year. I was with her, as excited as her. Unlike the other kids who keep crying and having tantrums, my little daja just sit still and watched her classmates cry. And while everyone is still having a tantrum, she was there singing her heart out loud like her teacher.

I think letting her in summer school really helped a lot. She was already familiar with her teacher and with the school atmosphere before the school started. Her cousins were at the same school too, that made her like her school more. They go to school together and see each other at school. 

I was really overwhelm that I didn't had a hard time with her being in school, as of now, she is still enjoying her " eskwela" as she calls it.




No comments:

Post a Comment